Free employment support for people with mental health problems.
Inclusion Thurrock Individual Placement and Support (IPS) Service has been running since 2016 and is one of the many, high-quality services provided by Inclusion, a major provider of mental health support and treatment services across Thurrock.
At Inclusion Thurrock IPS, we help people who are experiencing a serious mental illness, to find and retain work to aid their recovery. We also offer advice to enable employers to support their existing staff and find suitable candidates for their vacancies.
We believe the clients, referrers and employers who use our services should receive free, personalised, high-quality and dedicated care, realising all the benefits a modern NHS organisation can provide.
Being an Inclusion service allows us to join forces with other Inclusion services in Thurrock too. This includes Inclusion Thurrock, an NHS talking therapies service and Inclusion Visions Thurrock, a community service supporting people affected by drugs and alcohol.
The IPS service also works very closely with many other partner agencies, such as the Department for Work & Pensions (DWP) and third-sector providers.
I had been out of work due to my mental health. Throughout my journey, Julie has been supportive and understanding. She encouraged me to be honest and open about my health and other concerns that I had and due to this I am now back doing what I studied so hard for. I would like to thank Thurrock IPS Employment Service and in particular, Julie as her support has been invaluable to me and she continues to offer me support which I do appreciate.
- Service user at Inclusion Thurrock IPS Employment Service
What Inclusion Thurrock IPS can offer
If you are unemployed:
- A one-to-one personal service to suit your needs
- Support with writing your CV, covering letters and job applications
- Individualised job searches that focus on your employment goal
- Support with job interview skills
- Links with local services and employers
- Employment-related benefits advice
- Support when starting a new job, with regular reviews
If you are employed:
If you are either on sick leave or have a job at risk, you may be supported to retain your job or move to a new job.
Why should I use the Inclusion Thurrock IPS service?
IPS clients were twice as likely to gain employment (55% vs 28%) and worked for significantly longer
The total costs for IPS were generally lower than standard services over the first 6 months
Individuals who gained employment had reduced hospitalisation from a serious mental illness
How can I access the Inclusion Thurrock IPS service?
You can be referred to the service through your GP, Support Worker, Care Coordinator, Psychiatrist or another mental health professional, using the online referral form.
If you are over 18 and not currently working with a mental health professional, you can also refer yourself through the online referral form.
If you would like to access the service, you must:
- Be over the age of 18 and living within Thurrock
- Have expressed an interest in seeking employment, or already be in employment
- Be able to attend regular support sessions
Information for employers
Who we are
A dedicated team of Employment Specialists, supporting clients from one of the largest healthcare trusts in the UK to achieve their employment goals. We work with clients with a range of skills and experience, and also support people to access training and development opportunities.
What can we do for you?
- Provide suitable candidates, matched to your vacant positions
- Support people to access relevant training and development opportunities
- Support for the client and employer to ensure the return to work is successful for all parties
- Employment Specialists at hand to offer personalised support throughout the recruitment process and provide follow-on support once a client starts work
And best of all, you can access this service for FREE. That means no agency fees or commissions.
For more information please contact Stephen Eldred, IPS Employment Service Lead, at Stephen.Eldred@mpft.nhs.uk
Great support for our vulnerable customers from the IPS Employment Service from the minute the referral was made, to the ongoing support that they receive, which in turn helps them move closer to the job market and into work.
- Department for Work and Pensions